Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday Musings: Work It Out

Well we're three weeks into the New Year, and this is the time when most people are hitting the gym hard. For me though, I've hit a rut. I've been working with a personal trainer for over a year now and have seen great results! But over the holidays I took a break and its been a struggle for me to get started again. My trainer knows I do better with goals, challenges, and changing routines and that I hate the treadmill. My eventual personal goal is to run a half marathon before I turn 25 (which is in 13months BTW ah!) but the running has become monotonous. So what does my trainer do? Challenge me to at least 30 minutes, almost jogging, on the treadmill as many times a week as I can. Well now I've been on the treadmill for 4 out of the past 5 days! I still hate it, but I can't wait to see the little changes my body will begin making. Changing your workout routine will help you see more an different results! I suggest changing it up a little each week, but then changing each month in a big way. It has helped to keep me motivated and challenged.

This is the workout I did this morning. Its about 30 minutes long. I had to adjust some of the speeds, because I'm not there yet on the treadmill, but it still kicked my butt!

No comments:

Post a Comment