Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Styled: New Year's Eve



The Great Gatsby seemed to be the main theme for New Year's Eve parties, and the one I attended was no exception. Although I wasn't a huge fan of the book nor had I seen the movie, I'll take any excuse to drive 2 hours to Atlanta to hang out with friends from college. It was also a friend's birthday so that made the celebrating even more fun!











At first I had no clue what I wanted to wear and thought I would have to buy something. Before you go out and buy something, always - always - always, look in your closet first! You may not have something exactly perfect, but if you're trying to save money its a good place to start. I didn't have anything with a drop-waist because that's not typically flattering on me, but I had my perfect LBD (little black dress) that I could accessorize to make it look the part. I used my 3 strand pearl necklace and retied it in the typical 20's fashion. As for my headband - I almost didn't wear one - I found one my old college roommate gave me as a present. Thanks Babbs! It was a really cold night in Atlanta which gave me the chance to wear my fur coat!!! My mom bought it for me for Christmas a few years ago, but I haven't worn it much since then. Just added some black heels and voila! Great Gatsby!



Dress: Forever21
Jacket: Ann Taylor LOFT

No comments:

Post a Comment